Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I Have a New Pharmacy

Yesterday I went to pick up a prescription and my long time pharmacist informed me that they would be closing down at the beginning of October. Well guess what? … the closing included not only the pharmacy but the whole grocery store! She offered to transfer our prescriptions and records to their downtown location unless we wanted them elsewhere. Well, we chose another chain much closer to home.

Sometimes I get asked what medications I’m taking. Right now I take Apo-alendronate. I take one pill a week to increase bone density and counteract osteoporosis. The other prescription I have is for Ativan also known as Lorezapan. And I take half a tab maybe once a week to help with sleep. It’s an anti-anxiety pill. 

Other than that, I take the odd aspirin to help with headaches and my trusty Benadryl for allergies.

3 comments:

Laura Morefield said...

Ah, Ativan. First had that during dx at the hospital.

I choose a local pharmacy whenever I can but recently the insurance companies are forcing me toward their "specialty pharmacy" since I take two injectable drugs.



It's "for my own good." Yeah, right. No profit motive, I suppose?

Bernie said...

I would feel terrible if my pharmacy closed, is yours a large chain Daria? I have made friends with my pharmacist and would miss him almost as much if my God forbid my doctor retired. I am so uncomfortable outside my comfort zone........:-)Hugs

N2meC said...

Not sure if I am commenting in the right format... still getting used to this place.

I have a few refills left on some of my 'happy' pills, which I am for now, so glad I still have, and I can get them in generic form, so they won't cost me an arm and a leg to stay calm. (There's a lot to be said about staying calm when one is facing something like this) And I have had the capability of getting easily agitated, so keeping the 'happy' pills close by is a good thing.. for now. :)

I have to take Zyrtek for my allergies, which sometimes work and sometimes it doesn't. I am so incredibly allergic to Benedryl it's not funny.

And thank you for your welcoming comment in my blog. I hope to get to know you as well!! :)

Aloha... Leilani