Friday, August 6, 2010

Bone Scan

The wait to get in was a bit longer than usual, especially first thing in the morning. The nurse said … how are your veins? Not great I said … I already had two pokes yesterday so real estate was limited. After the hot pack on my hand and a couple of love taps, a vein popped. 

After the radioactive tracer was in, it was another half hour for it to circulate. So while that was going on, I had a warm blanket and a comfy chair and foot rest and my new Smartphone to keep me occupied. 

Next, I climbed in the scanner along with another warm blanket … could have gone to sleep but didn’t. Had to stay still for 45 minutes … on my back. 

After the scan was done, I put my fake boob back in my bra and headed home. I’ll get the results in two weeks. 

I’m back here later today for chemo.

3 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Good morning hon! Wanted to pop in and give you a hug and let you know I am thinking of you!! Hang in there!! Sending healing your way hon!!
Hugs and love, Sarah

Kim said...

Daria,
Hopefully someday there will be an easier way for testing than getting poked. Wow, two weeks to wait for results--bummer. We are lucky in our area as we get results the same day or at least the next day. I continue to hold you in my prayers.
Blessings to you!

Ann said...

That warm blanket puts me to sleep every time. Sorry they had to poke you again. :(