Tuesday, September 8, 2009

This And That

This past weekend we were away visiting family in Southern Alberta. The drive was enjoyable and the scenery beautiful as always. It was great to see everyone. We had a nice relaxing visit and before you knew it ... it was time to go back home.

In preparation of my chemo tomorrow, this morning I had to make a quick stop at the clinic to have my blood pressure and temperature taken. The blood work and oncologist visit from last week meant I could skip it today.

Tonight is the first day of school for me. I must admit I’m a bit excited. I like it because it keeps my mind busy and worrying about school stuff instead of cancer stuff.

I’m also excited because as far as television goes, this week a new season starts. I’m a bit tired of watching reruns. As a matter of fact, as I’m writing this post; I’m watching the first show of the Fall season of the View. I kind of like those spunky ladies and their Hot Topics.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daria
Hope you enjoy your first day of class, yes always good to have mind off cancer
Enjoy

Kathy said...

Good luck this semester! I am hoping a return to school next semester. It's never too late in my opinion.
Kathy

Sandy said...

Good luck in school and now I am sure you are glad you registered. Glad you had a good weekend also.

Jill said...

I hope your first day back at school was a good one Daria.
I'm happy you got away for a few days over the weekend. Get some rest now before your chemo tomorrow:)

Barry said...

Enjoy the View and the new semester at school. Both sound exciting.

And a break from cancer!