Sunday, October 3, 2010

Wartless Once Again!

Last August 23rd I wrote about how I developed this wart on the top of my right foot. I had resigned myself to the fact that it would probably be with me for a very long time because any sort of treatment was out of the question while I was on chemo. Well believe it or not, yesterday I was idly picking at it and to my surprise this thing just fell off. Ok this is gross and probably too much information but I am so happy to be wartless. 

I’m not sure exactly what is going on because I have another spot. This time my thumb that is acting up. For the last month the top of my left thumb has been so itchy; especially first thing in the morning. I actually put a big ring on my thumb to prevent me from scratching it … I’m thinking that if I irritate this spot too much it will only make it worse.

3 comments:

Bernie said...

I had a wart on my hand as well Daria when I was taking chemo, I think it is because our immune systems are so low at this time. It will go away as well when you have finished with chemo.
Thinking of you today and wishing you a wonderful trip tomorrow. I know you will make everyone proud.
Enjoy yourself my friend, you are doing good work.....:-) Hugs

Ann aka ButDoctorIHatePink said...

I had a little tiny wart on my finger for years. It went away during chemo - I guess the chemicals killed it.

It came back a couple of months after I was done, sadly.

nancy said...

I have had a wart on the bottom of my right big toe for years and a week or two ago it was gone! One perk from chemo I guess. I hope it stays away for good.