Monday, August 11, 2008

The Treatment ....

Well it is the night before my chemo and I'm feeling anxious. I had a bit of a heavy supper and I'm regretting it because it feels like it is stuck in my belly. I'm feeling a bit nauseous and I have a headache .... too much on my mind and trying to get too much done before I get my chemo.

Tomorrow morning I get the chemo .... Docetaxel or more commonly know as Taxotere. This is given by injection into the vein and takes up to 3 hours. There are a few side affects which include nausea and vomiting and hair loss. For the nausea and vomiting, I have been prescribed Dexamethasome (Decadron), Onodansethron (Zofran), and Metoclopramide (Maxeran) which I actually start taking the Dexamethasome tonight.

With my previous chemo treatment, I didn't have much success with the anti-nausea drugs but this is a different chemo drug and so I am hoping for better results this time.

I am assuming the hair loss will happen just as last time, about 2 weeks after the second treatment. I guess I can enjoy my hair for a bit longer.

My thoughts .... I cannot believe I am going through this again.

As I re-read my post, I see I am feeling a bit sorry for myself. The nerves are getting the best of me.

No comments: