Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One Week Ago ....

One week ago today, I was told my cancer had spread to my lungs and my liver. I had expected the worst but not this. I don't think you can ever be really prepared for this news. My first reaction was to let work know I would be going on short term disability immediately. I needed time to absorb the news. Next was telling my husband and family. This was very emotionally draining but it also offer a feeling of relief. It took a weight off my shoulders once I let everyone know.

It is hard to believe its been a week since this all started but a lot has happened. I have been to the Cross Cancer to see a psychologist to help set my thinking straight. They know the 'cancer' lingo like no one else. They know how to give you the facts but also offer some hope. The psychologist and I set out a short-term plan to help me cope with the situation. I need to feel I have some control over the situation.

I've had some tests and more scans and within a couple of days I'll have all the details of my treatment.

No comments: