Wednesday, June 2, 2010

The Sears Coffee Group

I just got back from having coffee with the usual bunch at Sears. The only one missing from the group was A. We all got our refreshments and snacks and settled into our chairs. It didn’t take long before we were chatting away about this and that. All of a sudden S said … alright, let’s go around and have an update on everyone’s health. So we all shared our stories of aches and pains and medications we were on. 

I shared my tribulations with my PICC line. I also threw in some words like … I sure hope this chemo works because this is my last shot, probably my last proven treatment. I hate sharing negative news with my breast cancer buddies, so I try and do it gently. No one could say much to that and we moved on.

Of course Ari our mascot was there sitting in his own chair. I like to watch people’s reaction to seeing a stuffed baboon sitting amongst a bunch of ladies. I find older people seem to find humor in it and younger people walk away thinking we’re just a bunch of batty ladies. Either way, we have a lot of fun with him.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Daria, you do know, don't you, that we are here for everything - the positive and the negative. Please share with us.

I've just had a chance to catch up on your last few posts. Glad to see that the PICC infection seems to be under control. Good luck for Friday!

Arlene

Bernie said...

I love knowing you were out with friends having coffee today. It was quite nice for a change except for the wind.
It is okay to feel the way you do about your chemo.....I am keeping you in my heart and prayers Daria,
.........:-) Hugs

Anonymous said...

way to go Ari........