Friday, August 21, 2009

Lookin' Good

Yesterday, D and I went over to my sister A's for a visit. Her husband P came home early from work to join us. They just finished renovating their house and it looks beautiful. I was so nice to see new paint, baseboards, flooring, railings, and electrical fixtures ... just refreshing. We had some cool drinks outside and came in for some yummy treats.

We talked about family, politics, religion and the economy. No stone unturned.

Both my sister and her husband said ... I look good. I’ve actually been hearing that a bit more often these days, whether it’s friends and family or staff at the hospital. I don’t spend too much time looking in the mirror so I couldn’t even begin to guess what looks better about me. I know I lost a few pounds so I might be looking a bit more like my old self. I’m also wearing a nicer variety of clothes so that might be it too.

Whatever it is, I’ll take the compliments ...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Daria
Glad you went to visit your sister... yes take the compliments, you deserve them....
hugs

Beth said...

Hi Daria... sounds fun! And if they say you're looking good, you must be! Glad to hear it.

Gail D said...

Girl take those comments and love them. And happy that you got to spend some down time with the family.

TNBCAmazon said...

Hi Daria,
I'm glad to hear that you're out and about enjoying yourself. You go girl! And a bunch of compliments on top of that? Good for you!!!
Keep having fun...

whidbeywoman said...

Do something nice for yourself...
Buy a new outfit, get a manicure or something like that! You deserve it! :)