Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sunday is quiet ...

Yesterday I took the last of my steriods associated with the chemo. I expected a terrible sleep last night ... withdrawals ... but to my surprise, I just woke up and stayed awake for an hour or so. I fell asleep and woke up feeling pretty normal. Wow I must be getting used to the drugs. As the day goes by, I am feeling more tired and the taste buds are gone. I am constantly looking to the kitchen for food. Not sure if it is because nothing is satisfying my taste, or that I'm looking for energy via food or what. I really hate the idea of gaining weight but just can't seem to control myself. I'm definately at a weak point in my will power. Hopefully next week will give me more be better.

My husband spends Sundays watching car racing so that takes the pressure of me doing anything at all. I plan to do lots of surfying the net, television watching, and resting. I sure wish I could pick up the reading bug because I do have some good books to read. Also, I do knitting and crotcheting when I have the time, but I just don't seem to have an interest in it right now.

When you are taking chemo, it seems it takes the interest out of everything. You just don't seem to have the energy to do anything. Not sure how much of that is physical and how much is psychological. Anyways, I have to remember, that I'm feeling a bit down because I'm coming off some of the drugs. It is important I remind myself because it doesn't take long for thing to appear larger than they are.

Thank goodness the course I'm taking keeps me a bit focused. I attend a class weekly so it forces me to have some sort of schedule. Going back to work is always on my mind. Would it give me more structure? Would it tire me out too much? Is it healthy for me at this time? At my last visit with my doctor, I said I needed more time. I just want to see a few more positive scans before I commit to work.

No comments: