Friday, November 13, 2009

Coffee, School And The H1N1 Shot

Yesterday I met with C from the Living with Cancer support group. We’ve been meeting at Second Cup because the coffee shop has a few of these nice soft leather chairs to sit in. The tricky part is making sure no one else is sitting there. So far we’ve only had to wait a few minutes before the chairs become available. C and I had a really nice chat and before we knew it ... two hours had passed and it was time to leave.

Later in the afternoon, I spent time working on my school group project. It is due on December 1 with only a couple more classes after that to bring this course to an end. It really is going quick.

Today I’m off to lunch with a friend and then the H1N1 shot. My oncologist said I should get my shot the Friday before I see her... and today is that day. What are the odds ... Alberta Health Services opened up the shot to my category and age group the only day I can get my injection for this cycle? Love it when a plan comes together.

5 comments:

Sara Diana said...

Nattering with friends over coffee is such a pleasure. Glad you are good x

WhiteStone said...

Glad your able to get the h1n1 shot. I'll be getting mine at next visit to doc. Your coffee trips sound so lovely...wish we had a good coffee shop here. I guess we do...it's called the kitchen. LOL

Anonymous said...

Glad things are well with you...I love coffee but I don't have a coffee rendez vous ......please tell me how the shot goes for me

BLOGitse said...

Great you're doing fine!
Have a nice weekend! :)

TNBCAmazon said...

Hi Daria,

I'm glad to hear you're doing well and out and about for coffee chats with friends. Congratulations on getting your H1N1 shot, too! It is so hard finding doctors that have vaccine -- and you managed to get it on the one day of your cycle you can. Wow -- if this wasn't meant to be, I don't know what is...

Be well!